This is a 2-class course. Each course is 3 hours long and held one week apart. Option for 1 day class courses of 6 hours available during certain months.
Registration Fee: $49. Includes 1 Workbook.
Spouse may attend at no additional cost.
Preparing for retirement is probably the single, most important financial challenge you face today!
The financial markets can be volatile, the cost of health care keeps rising, tax laws change, the future of Social Security is uncertain, and Americans' purchasing power continues to erode. Many people haven't accumulated the savings they will need to enjoy the retirement lifestyle they deserve after a lifetime of working.
You Need Sound Information
Investing a few hours of your time at our Passport to Retirement course can pay off immediately. You should gain confidence in your financial decision-making ability. And later on you may be better prepared to face the challenges and enjoy the rewards retirement can bring.
You'll hear about common roadblocks to retirement planning success - such as market downturns, inadequate planning, the effects of inflation and taxes, lack of knowledge of financial markets, and failure to take action.
Sound information about effective financial strategies will give you the background and perspective to help make more informed decisions. You'll discover how to formulate realistic goals based on your individual retirement needs, risk tolerance, and length of time to retirement.
Define and Create Your Retirement
- How do you picture retirement?
- Where do you want to live?
- How will you spend your time?
- Overcoming roadblocks
Assess the Costs
- How much money will you need?
- Impact of inflation
- Can you afford to retire?
Evaluate Sources of Income
- Employer retirement plans
- Social Security expectations
- Roth and traditional IRAs
- Social Security benefits
- Expectations vs. reality
Invest for the Future
- What is your investment strategy?
- Assessing your risk tolerance
- Asset classes and allocation steps
- Types of investments
- Portfolio investment insights
Protect Your Health and Wealth
- Assessing your insurance needs
- Protecting your earning power
- Income-replacement calculator
- Your risk management picture
Manage Your Estate Distribution
- Estate planning challenges / benefits
- Probate and taxes
- Estate distribution techniques
- Trust strategies
- Charitable giving
- Providing for your heirs